Film-Philosophy Salon <[log in to unmask]> writes:
Is 'Heaven's Gate' strictly runaway? It was studio-financed and shot
in the US...

That's what I thought as well. Being in North America, the term runaway production is most used to describe American films shot in Canada - with U.S. financing but Canadian labour, and which generates much $$ for Canadian crews/actors - as well as local economies. Chicago, for example, was made in Toronto - which really pissed off the mayor of Chicago but tickled ours pink. There's much effort going on in the U.S. of late to curb the runaways with some states offering subsidies to keep the production in the U.S. (much to the chagrin of the Canucks.of course, tho I sympathize with both sides).

cheers
p.

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. * Film-Philosophy journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **