Good Afternoon Colleagues.

Canterbury has one of these currently installed - installed approx 3
years ago.

However, I have convinced the College to move away from this
customer-unfriendly approach, changing to having taller/wider counters
so they act as a barrier to 'aggressive' customers' - i.e. they cannot
easily reach over and grab [etc] staff, while maintaining an open
'friendly' appearance to all customers.

We have a mix of 'standing' and 'seated' facilities; standing at the
'front of house' reception points, and seated customer service points at
our secondary areas; e.g. student advice services, where customers are
more likely to spend more time with our staff.

Kind Regards

George Jeffrey

Director, College Support Services,

Canterbury College