Hello All,

Has anyone experience of using the JSTOR archive based in New York? I have made enquiries and they accept subscriptions from UK secondary schools they have a sliding scale of fees according to income and the proportion of students going onto further and higher education. I have received a fee which considering the current exchange rate is quite reasonable. However, given the wide ranging topics available I am trying to convince my Deputy Head of the benefits of 'relaxing' the budget allocation. If someone can verify the quality of the articles this would help my cause.

Given the changes to A2 Business this resource looks very promising for unit 4 where students are given a topic to research several weeks before the exam. The abstracts that come up on a search are tantalisingly promising. I note that most universities in the UK subscribe to this archive. JSTOR also tell me that a pilot scheme for secondary schools received a positive response as the students found the articles 'accessible'.

I teach in the independent sector and so our fees are relatively high however, for FE colleges it is significantly cheaper, this may be the case for state schools, it may be worthwhile investigating this if you are interested.

Look forward to some useful advice.

Mandy Clutterbuck

********************* * TO LEAVE THE LIST * ********************* Write to [log in to unmask] and, in the text of your message (NOT the subject line), write: SIGNOFF ECON-BUSINESS-EDUCATORS