From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Felicity Burgess
Sent: 06 July 2007 13:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Deaf student on placement (going off on a tangent)

Dear Paddy,

I can't make any informed comment, as I can only compare the criteria for allied health placements (UG/PG), which fall under a different qualifications body.

I do wonder whether social work students are given similar advice with regard to accelerated courses (or even whether the postgrad. SW course is accelerated in the same way as OT and PT ones are).  I know a number of allied health students who chose to do a second degree rather than a PG degree to get their qualification due to the stress/workload related to the accelerated PG courses.  I certainly know that when prospective Deaf/disabled students have asked for advice on professional web forums, other people have suggested doing the undergrad course due to better funding and more time in which to complete.