CSC would like to remind colleagues interested in submitting a paper (or poster) on an aspect of learning and teaching that the deadline for abstracts is 31st July. The original Call for Papers is reproduced below.
Many thanks,
Eleanor

Call for Papers for the CSC (Classics in the Subject Centre) Teaching and Learning Panel at CA 2008, Liverpool 27th-30th March.

CSC recognises that teaching is an important part of what we do and that it relates to our research as well as our professional identity. Hence, CSC is delighted to have been invited to organise a panel on learning and teaching to run in parallel with the research presentations. Please note that a teaching and learning paper can be submitted to CSC in addition to the submission of a research paper to the CA 2008 selection panel.

20 minute papers are invited on the following themes, although papers on any aspect of learning and teaching will be considered:
        Fast-track or Integrated Language Teaching
        Teaching a Genre – Epic, Tragedy, Historiography, Satire etc.
        Teaching with Images
        Teaching Controversial Material
        Innovative Assessment: Beyond the Essay
        Undergraduate Peer-assessment Exercises
        Creativity and Active Learning Tasks in Classics

Abstracts of 200-400 words should be sent by 31st July 2007 to Dr. Eleanor OKell, Classics Project Officer, HCA Subject Centre, 38, North Bailey, Durham DH1 3EU, or by email to
Some submitters may be invited to present posters and selected papers will be peer reviewed and web-published via
www.hca.heacademy.ac.uk.
Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/classicists.html