As Government is telling us to share information and don't get me wrong,
it will be very helpful to do so but let them change the legislation and
then there would be no risk of Councils being sued..

-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Phil Bradshaw
Sent: 02 July 2007 16:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FW: CT Data for Non-Criminal Purposes

We all risk being sued every time we make a DPA decision as nothing is
fixed.

As for the ICO I can but quote them  direct  "We will not use our
enforcement powers unless there is evidence of genuine unfairness or
unwarranted detriment being caused to individuals." In the context of
Jackie's enquiry about a Standards Board investigation, this hardly
seems
likely.

All user commands can be found at
 Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner
  Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your
needs

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet Anti-Virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007.) In
case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

This email is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its content is prohibited.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily
be the views held by Scottish Borders Council.
Please be aware that any email sent or received by the Council
may require to be disclosed by the Council under the provisions
of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.