From: Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list on behalf of Paul Rosen
Sent: Mon 7/9/2007 4:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Call for Papers, Cycling and Society Symposium, Sept. 2007

Dear All,

Please see the CFP below for the Cycling and Society Symposium to be
held at the CTC's offices on Friday 7th September.  We are also planning
to hold a Cycling & Society Research Group network meeting/workshop on
Thursday 6th, which will involve some engagement between the CSTG and
CTC but has not yet been planned in any detail.  Please do consider
attending one or both days, whether or not you'll be presenting a paper.
  We are hoping to be able to include at the event the launch for the
Cycling and Society collection (edited by Dave Horton, Peter Cox and
myself, drawn largely from the first symposium).

It would be helpful if anybody who knows for sure that they WILL be
coming could let me and Dave know asap.

Best wishes,

Paul

4th Cycling and Society Research Group Symposium

The 4th Cycling and Society Research Group Symposium will be held on

Friday 7th September 2007

at the CTC's national office in Guildford, Surrey, UK

This symposium series was launched in 2004 at Lancaster University, with
subsequent meetings at the universities of Cardiff (2005) and Chester
(2006).  The symposia are linked to the Cycling & Society Research Group
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=CYCLING-AND-SOCIETY&X=&Y=),
whose members span a wide range of disciplines and approaches to the
study of cycling.   An edited collection of papers, several of which
were first presented at the Lancaster symposium, is due for publication
by Ashgate in September 2007, under the title Cycling and Society.

This latest symposium is being kindly hosted by the CTC - the UK's
national cyclists' organisation - at their new purpose-built offices in
Guildford.

Papers on any aspect of cycling research are welcome.  Please send an
abstract of up to 300 words by Friday 3rd August 2007, to *both* email
addresses below.

Those wishing to participate in the symposium without presenting a paper
are very welcome to attend.  Further information on registering will be
announced shortly.

For more information, please contact either
Paul Rosen, Stockholm Environment Institute, University of York, UK -
   or
Dave Horton, Centre for Mobilities Research, Lancaster University, UK -