Okay, I look forward to seeing fully argued, well-researched and
evidence-based analysis in the journals. Perhaps that will then get through to  the
policy-makers. In the meantime I hold on to the discourse that it is not a  good
idea to build relentlessly estate after estate of so-called cheap housing  on
areas of land that are likely to flood.
On the other argument, I know personally lots of people here in Bristol  that
are doing-up houses. In some cases they are investment jobs for resale  and
in others they are recreating family houses for living in themselves. It's
definitely happening in this city. In South Wales for nearly twenty years
there's been a wave of refurbishing old mining houses to bring them  up-to-scratch
and habitable for modern families. I helped do-up three  myself!
best
Nick