On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:10:54AM -0400, Jianghai Zhu wrote:

> How do I select a fragment of my molecule when there sequence numbers
> are not consecutive?  For example, I want to select residue 1-50,
> 75-100, and 150-200 together.  Thanks.

Depends what you want to do with your fragment.  You can't refine or
regularize such a multi-range fragment (yet).

Before trying it, I thought that if you wanted to create a
molecule by atom selection (aka Copy Fragment), you could use:

(1-50,75-100,150-200)

But now I tried it, that doesn't seem to work. Baah.
I don't know if that is a feature or a bug.

The (mmdb) atom selection (as used in Coot) is described here;

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~keb/cldoc/object/cl_obj_selfnc.html#CMMDBManager::Select_CID