> How about using 'digital representation' to mean 'eportfolio'
> (think Shane has said this before but maybe not).

Note that the word 'representation' has special meaning in the context
of the Architecture of the Web and its use here may therefore be
confusing?

> This then
> is inclusive of non-textual representations.

I'm probably missing something... why isn't e-portfolio inclusive of
non-textual digital items?

> Is MySpace etc an 'eportfolio'? Part of an 'eportfolio'? If
> so what is the 'intent' behind it?

MySpace (etc.) is a service so it can't be an e-portfolio (at least not
according to the definitions just discussed).

MySpace might be the service used to manage a digital collection that is
an e-portfolio - but it is the collection that is the e-portfolio, not
the service ??  The 'intent' is in the particular use and/or selection
of material held on MySpace.

Andy
--
Head of Development, Eduserv Foundation