Hello,

What you describe is the intent of the Clone Window functionality, and I
just tried it now and it worked for me.  Now the way we implemented this
was to first create the window, then let the usual callbacks create the
so-called views in the window (there is one view for each spectrum that
can be mapped into the window, whether or not it is drawn), then the view
properties from the old window are copied into the view properties in the
new window, which should guarantee that what was drawn in the old window
will be drawn in the new one, and similarly with not drawn.

Now because of the way the data model works, the "usual callbacks"
mentioned above are actually done after an "idle" (theoretically after
other stuff has been flushed from the event loop, but in our experience
it's not quite like that).  And because of that "idle", the copying of the
view properties over also has to be done after an "idle".  It should be
the case that the copying happens after the callbacks, but if for some
reason they happen the other way around, then you would get what you
noticed.  That's my first guess as to what is going on anyway.  If so this
is going to be hard to work around.  (Or if it's some variant on the
"idle" going wrong, it will also be hard to work around.)

If you can bring your project (including data) to Ambleside we can try
playing with this to see what is actually happening.

Wayne