> I've got a student here who has a problem with a project where new
> resonances are all created in the 'None' shift list rather than in
> ShiftList1. However, all experiments are associated with ShiftList1.
> Closing and re-opening Analysis did not help and there are no error
> messages in the console. The peaks are just being created in the
> assignment pop-up, so should be automatically linked to a peak and
> spectrum - so this isn't an import issue. Any idea what might be causing
> this?

Vicky,

As you suggest, I think it probably is to do with having an old version
with an unluckily incomplete set of updates.

All new chemical shifts in Analysis are now created (e.g. when peaks are
linked to resonances) by "notifier" calls which detect data model changes.
It is possible that one such call was missing for a brief period when I
moved to this new, better system.

Analysis will still need updating in the long run, but I think we can sort
the immediate problem if you paste the following into the Python command
line (and press <Return> a couple times - it will take a moment to run):

from ccpnmr.Analysis.AssignmentBasic import initResonance
nmr = top.project.currentNmrProject
for resonance in nmr.resonances:
  initResonance(resonance)

 Dr Tim Stevens			Email: [log in to unmask]
 Department of Biochemistry            [log in to unmask]
 University of Cambridge        Phone: +44 1223 766018 (office)
 80 Tennis Court Road	               +44 7816 338275 (mobile)
 Old Addenbrooke's Site 	       +44 1223 364613 (home)
 Cambridge  CB2 1GA	   	WWWeb: http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~tjs23
 United Kingdom 		       http://www.pantonia.co.uk
------ +NH3CH(CH(CH3)OH)C(O)NHCH(CH(CH3)CH2CH3)C(O)NHCH(CH2CH2SCH3)CO2- -------