Hi,

On Jul 20, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Peng Xie wrote:
>  it has been a big concern that the tiny seed crystals I collected
> on the hair for streak seeding will be wiped out when I drag the
> hair through a layer of oil used for microbatch to seed new drops.
> It will be great if anybody has some hands on experience on doing
> microseeding in microbatch can give me some insights on this problem.

I haven't had any difficulties with seeding microbatch setups through
the oil layer. The seeds normally stick on the
whisker. If you want to have more control on your seeding experiment
you should try to make a seed stock and then a dilution series of that.

Good luck!

Martin

.
B. Martin Hallberg, PhD
Assistant professor
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
Medical Nobel Institute
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels väg 3
SE-171 77 Stockholm