advice for crystallizing hydrophobic small molecules

Hello all,

I am asking this question for a colleague(a chemist not a crystallographer) who would like to crystallize a small molecule(for clarification this is just the small molecule not a protein complex). The compound is quite hydrophobic and is rather "greasy." He has a free alcohol which could be a site of modification if this would help. I have only worked with proteins and was hoping that someone might be knowledgible and could point me in the direction of some help(literature, websites, etc) that might aide as a ground level tutorial on crystallization of small molecules, and if possible more specifically crystallization of hydrophobic/"greasy" small molecules.

Thanks in advance-
Todd Green
University of Alabama at Birmingham