Hi Sampath
Make sure that the files that you have generated from the mtz files have the
header set according to what CNS needs.
Here it seems that the .cv file does not have the required header.

If u generate a .cv file using another program... say XDS, then you will see
that the top of the .cv file has a header like the following.

  NREFlection=       24277
  ANOMalous=FALSe
  DECLare NAME=FOBS  DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=REAL END
  DECLare NAME=SIGMA DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=REAL END
  DECLare NAME=TEST  DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=INTE END

The NREFLECTION is the number of reflections in your data file.
It is here in the header that it declares FOBS and the data type, etc. CNS
must have this header in order to decipher the columns and proceed.

I have often seen that converting from MTZ to CNS format results in a file
with a missing header. I generally generate the header and put it in myself.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Avinash.

      Avinash Gill