We had this, the trouble is the details are also within th db!

This what we had from support:

Please run the following to update these parameters: update
bbadmin.bb_config_registry set hostname = ‘your_new_full_machine_name’;
update bbadmin.bb_instance set db_host = ‘your_new_machine_hostname’;
update bbadmin.bb_instance_host set hostname =
‘your_new_full_machine_name’; commit; After restarting the Blackboard
services, the application should connect to the test database.

--
Jim Boone
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College

The myth that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so today.

~Douglas Adams~