Apologies for any cross-posting.

As part of plans for new library accommodation we are currently reviewing our periodical holdings with a view to rationalisation.

Does anyone have any experience of large-scale disposal of periodical runs ?

Have you found other libraries are willing to take them on ? Is selling volumes a possibility - or is the reality large-scale recycling ?

Any experiences welcomed. Please reply directly to me.

Andrew Martin

Library Services Manager

National Museums Scotland

Chambers Street

Edinburgh EH1 1JF

Tel  +44(0)131 247 4045

Fax+44(0) 131 247 4311

email [log in to unmask]

http://www.nms.ac.uk

Picasso: Fired with Passion. Discover his art, his loves, his life, beyond the canvas. National Museum of Scotland until 28 October. www.nms.ac.uk/picasso

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Museums Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2007 at http://www.arlis.org.uk/even/