**Apologies for cross-postings**

At the University of Reading Special Collections Service we are currently in the process of reviewing our rare book and archive retrieval procedures. I would be interested to hear about the procedures in use at other special collections with closed access collections, particularly regarding the use of retrieval slips and day books, methods of recording items removed from the shelves/boxes for readers, checking what has been re-shelved to ensure everything is returned, if different procedures are used for rare books and archives, etc.

Please reply to me off list, and contact me if you would be interested in receiving a summary of the responses.

Best wishes,

Fiona Barnard

Rare Books Librarian

Special Collections Service