Dear Nicole,

this is very interesting that there is no pinus - it also explains what now comes to my mind again: I can´t remember to have seen a lot of heartwood in the samples I was shown...
But then Beas question arises again: I´ve read that these splinters work so well because of the high amount of resin. But Abies doesn´t have awful amounts of resin, does it? So has anybody an idea why it still works? Or were they really treated with some kind of fuel?
Niels

--
Niels Bleicher
Textorstr. 97