HBA1C is it a case of Stockhausen Syndrome?. A psychological state in which the victims of overly complex music and/or art develop an irrational relationship with the work. This solidarity can sometimes lead to absolute defense of the work, outside of pragmatic and realistic views. If the defender says that it is just their opinion, this is not a sufferer. If the defender claims that you are wrong, they are right and anybody who disagrees with them is out to get them, then this is probably a sufferer.

BW John

-----Original Message-----
From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Steve Angel
Sent: 12 July 2007 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Goodbye A1c?

In my opinion, digging in or grumbling about this will be counterproductive.  Pass the information along, and let the free market decide - I've little doubt that in due course, our clinical colleagues will come to recognize this for the useless piece of trivia that it is.

--- Dr. Steven Angel, MD, FRCPC General Pathologist Royal University Hospital Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W8

  _____

  _____

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy! Try it! <http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us>  ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/