Many thanks Ian,

Have you noticed that Tang et al’s meta-analysis seems to be the only one
which used statistical analysis (Egger’s regression model) to detect
publication bias?

Tang et al’s thus showed that the missing studies were located at the left
of the funnel plot; consistent with the general observation that studies
with less optimistic estimation of diagnostic performance are less likely to
be published.

Best regards,

Joseph