> So my checkout is now steaming away as I speak...

Started building my checkout, but didn't get very far freezing in
automake, during bootstrap:
------

  cd . &&
perllibdir=/loc/pwda/pdraper/starlink_svn/source/star/thirdparty/fsf/automake"/lib:./lib"
/loc/pwda/pdraper/starlink_svn/source/star/thirdparty/fsf/automake/automake
--libdir=lib --startree
/bin/sh:
/loc/pwda/pdraper/starlink_svn/source/star/thirdparty/fsf/automake/automake:
No such file or directory

------

This seems to be a problem with timestamps, Makefile.in being considered
older than Makefile.am, so make tries to regenerate Makefile.in, but needs
automake to do that, which hasn't been built yet... A "touch Makefile.in"
and I'm off again. Anyone else seeing this?

Peter.