Dear SPMers,

I have spent the last couple of hours searching the list for information
on interactions with continuous variables in vbm (SPM2) but I am still
very confused.

I have two groups (A and B) and a covariate C. I would like to test the
interaction between groups and the continuous variable C but I am not
sure about the correct way to go about it.

I have set up the following variables

GroupA GroupB CovariateC
1		0		34
1		0		22
0		1		15
1		0		25
0		1		29
Etc..

I then was not sure whether to test the interaction between groups and
covariates I should simply multiply groupA by covariateC to produce
AxCInteraction and then use the following contrast

 GroupA GroupB CovariateC AxCInteraction
0		0		0 		1

Or whether I should set up two interaction variables for each group
variable and test the interaction with the following contrast

GroupA GroupB CovariateC AxCInteraction BxCInteraction
0		0		0 		1		-1

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Nic