Many thanks to those who answered,

(1 ->Bosky)
Starting (& quitting) spm5 before executing the jobman in batch mode
recently works but no longer.

(2 -> Marko Wilke)

(3 -> Ahmed)
I created the job structure with the GUI, I clicked on Estimate, specified
my SPM.mat file for the first person and saved it as 'estimate.mat'.
In batch mode I first load this file, copy this file to a second structure
called "jobsmod" and than update the location of the SPM.mat for the i-th
person:

The structure storing the location of the SPM.mat-files I use is

vp(1,i).evaluation.specify.files.spmmat=...
        [vp(1,i).evaluation.specify.path.glm,'\SPM.mat']

In this case it is quite long:

[D:\markus\Work In
Progress\2007-04-19-Vorstudienanalyse\Auswertung\SPM5\01bg\GLM\SPM.mat]

I use this structure to update the job for the i-th person, typing:

jobsmod{1,1}.stats{1,1}.fmri_est.spmmat{1,1}=vp(1,i).evaluation.specify.file
s.spmmat;

Finally I run the job with spm_jobman('run',jobsmod).

Regards,

Markus