-----Original Message-----
From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development
Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charles Bland
Tomkinson
Sent: 28 June 2007 21:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: How is teachijng at Masters level different from teaching
at Undergraduate level?

Dear Rakesh/Sally

Is the difference between u/g and p/g greater than that between, say,
first year and second year?  Are there differences between p/g courses
that are populated largely by those going straight on from u/g study and
those that largely feature later returners?  SDometimes we think of the
differences in terms of the motivation and application of the students,
but are these differences real, or is the difference in our 'mind set'?
We often talk about 'M' level and the difference that it makes, but do
we all have the same conception?

I seem to have asked more questions rather than offered answers, but I
hope that it helps the debate!

regards

Bland
--
Bland Tomkinson
University Adviser on Pedagogic Development

Telephone (0)161 306 3531
Fax (0)161 306 4863
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/pdo/meet/bland

Any views expressed in this email are personal to me and not necessarily
those of the university.