Yes Penny I agree. But your reference is to the past. My reference to pension-age discrimination and longevity is still relevant, and will be at least until 2020.

(The ‘married woman’s NI contribution’ was a bad investment for many: but at least women had the choice, which men did not.)

JOHN BIBBY

From: email list for Radical Statistics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Penelope Mullen
Sent: 14 June 2007 10:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Women, men; Different, equal

Yes - and many women now between 60 and 65 years started their working lives when it was still legal to discriminate against women in jobs, official unequal pay was also still legal, and those married women who were working were steered into the non-pensionable 'married women's' NI contribution unless they objected.

Penny