Jack -

Our last conversation helped me to add the next step to my attempt to
elucidate the form of living standards of judgment.  . . . The progression
currently runs as follows (using my best Tractatus-esque mode of linear
reasoning):

* We cannot say what a standard of judgment is.

* We cannot describe standards of judgment using propositional forms of
language and logic.

* Within a dialogical and inclusional conversation with another, we know
when we have agreed a standard of judgment and applied it to the matter on
hand: it enables each of us to say "I now know that you understand what I
mean".

* We co-generate living standards of judgment as we enquire into our forms
of life and share them within educational action enquiries.

* Collaborators within an action enquiry agree standards of judgment in
order to progrees their enquiry.

* There are certain positive personal attributes and certain appropriate
modes of enquiry that dispose people to being able to collaborate within an
action enquiry and to co-generate the standards of judgment required to
confirm that current aspect of the enquiry as being educational.

* It is possible to describe/depict/represent those attributes and modes of
enquiry that encourage the co-generation of standards of judgment.

* What we cannot speak about, we must pass over in silence (but that, dear
Ludwig, does not mean we can't try to SHOW each other what we mean by using
webcams, Facebook and other such e-delights not available to you in 1917).

- Pete