Dear All - I'm wondering if our responses to Peter's and Barbara's postings might move us on into original contributions in our understandings of the standards of judgment we use to evaluate the quality of our contributions to educational knowledge. What I've got in mind is a conversation in the last couple of months of this year's e-seminar where we explore the implications of Barbara's point about Ubuntu that might move us into new understandings (and logics) of the standards of judgment that are emerging from our knowledge-creation as practitioner-researchers.  I'm thinking particularly of engaging with Eden Charles' doctoral research programme on:

How Can I Bring Ubuntu As A Living Standard of Judgement Into The  Academy? Moving Beyond Decolonisation Through Societal  Reidentification And Guiltless Recognition

I'm hoping that Eden's thesis will be flowing through web-space in the next couple of weeks and this will give us plenty of time to explore its implications before the end of July.