Andrew,
You hit the button many times here.
Having been a regular visitor to mid earth these past 20 years or more the
westernization has not always been the blessing that was looked for by those
holding the door open.

Caveat emptor

On 20/6/07 7:44 AM, "andrew burke" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> China, I am packing up little pieces of you
> ready to leave your sures and doubts,
>
> ready to look over my shoulder with
> a postscript wave and wonder.
>
> China, it is dark under this tree and the moon
> cannot penetrate your greedy industrial smoke.
>
> I'm waiting to see how much poetry is in
> the Dragon Boat Festival ­ Does it _always_
>
> have to be about food, China? It's Qu Yuan's
> death that's important, yesterday and today.
>
> Can we learn from history, Big Panda?
> If you go out on a weak limb, it will break.
>
> China, too much America is not good for you.
> Follow your own Confucius-Marx mix.
>
> China, where's your Green Card?
> Where's your Green Party?
>
> Let them learn Mandarin, China ­
> you've got enough people to swing it.
>
> Don't let them seduce you with their beads
> and mirrors. You're worth more than that.
>
> I buy your trinkets and Good Luck charms
> but I don't buy your Western ways.
>
> This world is a hall of mirrors,
> keep your eyes peeled.
>
> It's not just currency that's counterfeit.
>

> (Apologies to Ginsberg) All comments welcome.
>

> Andrew
> http://hispirits.blogspot.com/
> http://www.inblogs.net/hispirits
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/aburke/

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B