Mark

I take your points, absolutely. But 'madness' seemed to me a bit
extreme, while the other terms don't. I agree that both male & female
critics have kept the flame alight. I realize, as I no longer have to
read 'academic' criticism that it is books like Susan Howe's My Emily
Dickinson that really reach me, but then we can find essays by male
poets that also find in her predecessor writing, an influence that is
so important.

She certainly did see from a different angle, and that slant is still
true....

Doug