I have just met with our university's Accessibility Officer to discuss the
various work I'm doing with relation to the use of digital audio. No great
surprises, but there is quite a lot to consider.
Has anyone produced any guidance documentation specifically targeted at
educational podcasters or information to share on this topic? I am about
to produce a document that raises the key issues relating to the support
of deaf students in situations where educational podcasts may enhance the
learning experience for other students. Obviously there are various
strategies that can be adopted in ensuring that students are not excluded
if they are deaf or prefer to not use audio.
Any thoughts, links, etc on this topic would be appreciated. I'll be happy
to share any document that I produce on this topic later down the line.