Ann (and others)

An interesting area!

We are running a day workshop at Leeds Metropolitan University on Friday
14 September entitled 'Mapping Design Activism'.  Keynote speakers are
Adrian Sinclair, Director of Heads Together (see
http://www.heads.demon.co.uk/heads_together.html) and Professor John
Wood of Goldsmith's College.

The aim of the day is, through discussion, explore taxonomies of design
that are engaged in  social/political/communitarian/political agency.
Delegates will include several design and social participation
practitioners.

You, and indeed, any other interested list members (eg. Nicola below),
are welcome to attend.  More formal publicity will be going out soon,
but in the meantime please contact either of my colleagues Sandra Ashton
and Debra Samuel.

In my school we have a Design and Community Unit -- mostly focused
around landscape architecture and urban design.  Doyens of 'creative
communities' such as Ezio Manzini have been visiting lecturers here.  So
we're very interested in the area.

Cheers
guy julier

Professor Guy Julier
The Leeds School of Architecture, Landscape and Design
Leeds Metropolitan University
Calverley Street
Leeds LS1 3HE

+ 44 (0)113 283 6752