Hi
Have you seen the research report 483 available on HSE website about a
survey of tools and resources for employers for managing, recording and
monitoring sickness absence?  I also recommend the CIPD guides, with advice
and tools for long and short trem sickness (2006) see
http://www.cipd.co.uk/subjects/hrpract/absence

Regards
Sandra

> [...]
>
>--- Allison Caine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> > Hi
> > The best way to deal with this is on a case-by-case
> > basis.
> > If you have regular sickness absence meeting with
> > HR,  you advise when you
> > need to see the individual for the  first time and
> > then on regular reviews
> > thereafter. This stops individuals  being 'lost in
> > the system' or returning to work
> > before you have even clapped  eyes on them. I think
> > a flow chart is too rigid
> > or the ''lets see them after 4  weeks absence" rule.
> > Remember the work
> > related stress cases.
> > Kind regards
> > Allison
> >
> > In a message dated 6/6/07 8:02:47 PM GMT Daylight
> > Time,
> > [log in to unmask] writes:
> >
> > Hi  All!
> >
> > I am looking to develop a sickness absence referral
> > tool as part  of my OH
> > degree, but I would like to know if anyone else uses
> > such a tool  in their
> > line of work.  My initial thoughts are something
> > along the  lines of an easy
> > to understand at a glance flow chart.....?
> >
> > I am  currently addressing this issue at one of my
> > companies.  My  rationale
> > for this is we are seeing employees that have
> > returned to work  after a
> > period of sickness without seeing OH.  HR are either
> > referring  them to us
> > very late when the problem has progressed, or
> > following RTW when  no phased
> > return (if appropriate) has been put in place and
> > the employee  is
> > struggling.  If the line managers have access/means
> > of referring  employees
> > to us, I wonder if this may help.
> >
> > Any helpful advice, is  as always appreciated
> >
> > Regards
> > Rachael
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Please remove this footer before  replying.
> >
> > OCC-HEALTH  ARCHIVES:
> > http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
> >
> > FORTHCOMING  CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL  EVENTS:
> >
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH
> >
> > OCCUPATIONAL  HEALTH JOBS
> > http://OHJobs.drmaze.net
> >
> > OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING  EDUCATION
> > http://www.aohne.org.uk
> >

> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Please remove this footer before replying.
> >
> > OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> > http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
> >
> > FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:
> >
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH
> >
> > OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
> > http://OHJobs.drmaze.net
> >
> > OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
> > http://www.aohne.org.uk

>Please remove this footer before replying.
>
>OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
>FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: