I have just returned from a superb break in Cornwall following on from the NAMHO Conference held at Morwellham Quay.

All I can say what a great weekend we all had and great thanks to the tireless efforts of the organisers, apart from drinking the Ship Inn dry of Draught Beer (for some reason licences underestimate 10 fold how much mine/ cave explorers will consume when catching up with old mates from all over the Country. The Hog Roast was cancelled at last minute following the unfortunate death of the contractor, this was rapidly replaced by a BBQ which all seemed to enjoy.

I didn't attend any lectures as decided fresh air was required and enjoyed superb walks and views of mines on Dartmoor and Kithill respectively. Those I spoke to had enjoyed all the underground trips laid on with the highlights for many a 300ft ladder climb down Victory Shaft at Geevor and exiting on an adit on the beach

I have no doubt the organisers will be relived it is all over but will wondering what to do with all their spare time - don't worry chaps the next conference is to be held in Edinburgh 2008

Thanks to all

Mike Moore

(former NAMHO chair )

For New and Used  Mining, IA and Caving books   www.moorebooks.co.uk
( please note there will be regular updates as I have many books in stock not yet listed)

BRITISH MINING DATABASE
http://britishmining.org.uk
SHROPSHIRE MINES TRUST
http://shropshiremines.org.uk