Dear members of the list!

I will start with my PhD thesis: Profesionalization of midwifery in
Slovenia. Currently I'm gathering the literature. My idea is to do the
literature review on the elements/factors /indicators of profesionalization
(like power, ethics, autonomy ect.).
On the basis of these factors I will perform focus group  (midwives).
From the literature findings and focus group interview I would like to
develop a questionnaires:
- one version for midwives (how they see their profession through the
elements of professionalism)
- one version for nurses (how they see midwifery profession)
- one version for gynaecologists and obstetricians and
- one version for women - uisers of midwifery services.

Can you please tell me what do you think of this concept. And do you
reccommend any special literature ebout elements/indicators of (midwifery)
profesionalization.

Thank you, Polona Mivšek, Slovenia