Good morning!

John Briggs wrote:

> Actually, it's High and Late Medieval as well - the Medieval
> period   conventionally ends in 1453, or 1485 (England) or
> 1492 (the Americas) or 1500 (elsewhere).  For this list, it is
> probably 1570, but that's another  story.

Or for the dogmaticians among us, the Middle Ages ended
shortly before noon, Saturday, October 31, 1517, when Martin
Luther drove the fourth nail into the 95 Theses he had posted
on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg and tucked his
hammer back into his cincture.  Sorry I can't be more precise.
Best estimates make 11:45 still medieval.

Frank

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]