-----Original Message-----
From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious
culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christopher
Crockett
Sent: 20 June 2007 13:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] saints of the day 18. June

From: jbugslag <[log in to unmask]>

> Possibly not, but this is a common and quite old topos.  I'm currently
reading Pausanias, and there are lots of references to such "achieropoietic"
body prints in rocks,

alas, the incompetent OED knows not from this Achieropoietic --nor any other
Achiero-whatever.

wazzit mean?

I wonder how many of these imprints are actually fossils?

Anne

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]