  _____

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious
culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dr. Jeffrey
R. Woolf
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 12:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Ecclesia and Spiritus Sanctus

In the process of examining rituals for Jewish penitants who had (been)
converted to Christianity, it seems as if Franco-German Jews in the twelfth
and thirteenth centuries viewed converts to Christianity as being 'immersed'
in Christendom. In this context, I began to wonder if in addition to being
part of the Corpus Christi, did Christians view themselves at the time as
living within the 'Spiritus Sanctus'? Is 'ecclesia'in its broader and
narrower constructs infused by the Holy Spirit?

I'd appreciate any and all relevant references.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Woolf

Dr. Jeffrey R. Woolf
Senior Lecturer
Talmud Department
Bar Ilan University
Ramat Gan 52 900 ISRAEL
O. 972-3-531-8612
F. 972-3-535-1233
C. 972-52-274-7375
Website: http://myobiterdicta.blogspot.com

join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to:
[log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to:
[log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave
medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or
to contact the list's owners, write to:
[log in to unmask] For further information, visit our
web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]