Hi Jane,

Two research reports I worked on which may be helpful in that they draw
together and analyse a number of sources from across the cultural heritage
and built heritage/environment sectors respectively.

http://www.culturalcontentforum.org/publications/audience/audience_analysis.
pdf

http://www.britarch.ac.uk/HEIRNET/users.PDF

Both have numerous references where people were kind enough to share their
user feedback.

Good luck!

Alice

Alice Grant Consulting