From: Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lynne Coppendale
Sent: 07 June 2007 16:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Professional librarians for school libraries petition - last chance to sign

I've read the responses on this 'professional' list with dismay.  So if an issue does not directly involve your sector of your devolved country of concern then you ignore it?  See the downgrading and de-professionalisation of public library staff - could this not be a knock on effect from those going through education with no importance given to libraries, now being in posts with the power to affect libraries?  Where will it end?

Thanks for those who have supported this petition, thank you for your wider perspective on our profession, something school librarians consider and support, for the majority, constantly and actively.

Lynne Coppendale BA(Hons), DipIS, MCLIP

Librarian

Danum School Technology College

Armthorpe Road

Doncaster

DN2 5QD

Alternate email [log in to unmask]

Send us your favourite emails and help make history - Email Britain!

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Greenwich Council reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Greenwich Council has scanned this e-mail for viruses but does not accept any responsibility once this e-mail has been transmitted. You should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.

Greenwich Council can be contacted by telephone on +44 (0) 20 8854 8888

Greenwich Council: Carrying the torch for Greenwich.