From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah George (Education Library NPT)
Sent: 15 June 2007 11:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reading helps you diet

Thought I'd share this with everyone as it made me laugh in Wednesday's Metro and is useful for anyone who wants an excuse to read more! Don't think medical books are likely to have the same effect though.

Reading helps you diet
Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Why slave away in the gym or bother with yet another diet when you can lose weight by getting stuck into the latest John Grisham thriller?

All you need to burn off unsightly extra calories is a gripping read, say experts.

This is because excitement causes the body to pump adrenaline - a fat-burning hormone - into the bloodstream, decreasing appetite and boosting metabolism The more thrilling or racy the book, the greater the calorie-burning effect will be - putting thrillers and erotic romance stories firmly at the top of the pile.

For instance, getting through Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code will burn off a chicken tikka massala with pilau rice (885 calories).

Grisham's Runaway Jury erases an all-day breakfast sandwich, while reading Jilly Cooper's Polo aces a Big Mac Meal, according to the research by Borders book store.

Sarah George
Librarian
Education Library Education Centre
Neath Port Talbot Hospital
Baglan Way Port Talbot
West Glam SA12 7BX

NULJ code - NEGH

Tel:01639 862369
Fax: 01639 862548
Email: [log in to unmask]
NHS Wales E-library for health http://tinyurl.com/3dojf8

Reduce your carbon footprint. Do you need to print this email?
Cymraeg:-
Mae'r neges hon yn gyfrinachol nad chi yw'r derbynnydd y bwriedid y neges ar ei gyfer, byddwch mor garedig â rhoi gwybod i'r anfonydd yn ddi-oed. Dylid ystyried un rhywd datganiadau neu sylwadau a wneir uchod yn rhai personol,ac nid o angen rhaid yn rhai o eiddo Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Bro Morgannwg, nac unrhyw ran gyfansoddol ohoni na chorff cysylltiedig.

Cofiwch fod yn ymwybodol ei bod yn bosibl y bydd disgwyl i Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Bro Morgannwg roi cyhoeddusrwydd i gynnwys unrhyw ebost neu ohebiaeth a dderbynnir, yn unol ag amodau'r Ddeddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000. I gael mwy o wybodaeth am Ryddid Gwybodaeth, cofiwch gyfeirio at wefan Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Bro Morgannwg ar www.bromor-tr.wales.nhs.uk

English:-
This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of the message then please notify the sender immediately.
Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust, any constituent part or connected body.

Please be aware that, under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust may be required to make public the content of any emails or correspondence received. For further information on Freedom of Information, please refer to the Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust website at www.bromor-tr.wales.nhs.uk.