Portland Customer Services is pleased to announce that it has signed an
agreement to provide journal subscription fulfilment on behalf of
Professional Engineering Publishing Ltd. The fulfilment agreement will
take effect with the renewal of journal subscriptions for 2008.

Professional Engineering Publishing Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of
the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). It publishes a range of
17 scholarly journals, 3 magazines and other products across a variety of
subjects of interest to the international engineering community. 15
journals are grouped within the Proceedings of the Institution of
Mechanical Engineers , each with its own identity, international editorial
board, and separately available and a new title, Journal of Sports
Engineering Technology (Part P) will be launched in 2008.

Alan Singleton, Managing Director said, “ We are very pleased to have
appointed Portland Press to carry out these functions and look forward to
a long and mutually rewarding relationship. We are confident that Portland
Press who, like ourselves, are the subsidiary of a long established
society, fully understand all the imperatives that drive a modern
scholarly publisher.”

Managing Director of Portland Press, Rhonda Oliver said, “I am delighted
that Professional Engineering Publishing Ltd has chosen to join the
increasing number of prestigious scholarly publishers and trade
organizations for whom Portland Customer Service provides seamless back-
office functions. Professional Engineering Publishing Limited has
demonstrated its confidence in the Portland Customer Services Team and its
data-management systems, and we look forward to a long and fruitful
association with such an important member of the publishing community.”

This agreement brings the number of journals handled by Portland Customer
Services to 150. Portland Customer Services is the fulfilment and
distribution arm of Portland Press Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of the
Biochemical Society. In addition to handling journal fulfilment, PCS also
handles book order processing, membership fulfilment, online journal
hosting and conference registration on behalf of academic societies and
publishers.