***Apologies for cross-posting***

Please find below news from Oxford Journals which I hope will be of interest to the list.

ESC's Cardiovascular Research announces new partnership with Oxford Journals

Today the European Society for Cardiology (ESC) announced that its journal Cardiovascular Research [http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/cardiovascres/] will be published by Oxford Journals from January 2008.  This will be the third of the ESC's prestigious titles to join Oxford Journals, following The European Heart Journal (EHJ) in 2005 and Europace in 2006.

Cardiovascular Research is the international basic science journal of the European Society of Cardiology. The journal is concerned with both basic and clinical research in the field of cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology.

"We are delighted to be building on our relationship with the ESC and welcoming a third of their titles to our cardiology list", commented Mandy Hill, Oxford Journals Editorial Director.

She continued, "As part of a university press, and with experience of working with some of the world's most prestigious societies, we offer high-quality publishing services, as well as an innovative, personalized approach to our partners.  We are looking forward to working closely with the ESC to maximize the reach and impact of Cardiovascular Research, as we have with EHJ and Europace."

This new publishing partnership for Cardiovascular Research will result in several key developments, including a new and cohesive online platform for the journal, developed in association with HighWire Press.

ENDS

For further information please contact:
Kate Stringer
Assistant Communications Manager, Oxford Journals
+44 (0)1865 354585

Notes to Editors

The European Society of Cardiology (ESC)[http://www.escardio.org/] represents nearly 53,000 cardiology professionals across Europe and the Mediterranean. Its mission is to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease in Europe. The ESC achieves this through a variety of scientific and educational activities, including the coordination of: clinical practice guidelines; education courses and initiatives; pan-European surveys on specific disease areas; and the ESC Annual Congress, the largest medical meeting in Europe. The ESC also edits and publishes 7 of the world's leading journals on cardiology: the European Heart Journal, Cardiovascular Research, Heart Failure, Europace, Echocardiography, Cardiovascular Nursing and Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation.  The ESC also works closely with the European Commission and WHO to improve health policy in the EU.  The ESC comprises 3 Councils, 5 Associations, 19 Working Groups, 50 National Cardiac Societies and an ESC Fellowship Community (Fellow, FESC; Nurse Fellow, NFESC). For more information on ESC Initiatives, Congresses and Constituent Bodies see the website http://www.escardio.org/

Oxford University Press [http://www.oup.co.uk/](OUP), a department of the University of Oxford, is the world's largest and most international university press. Founded in 1478, it currently publishes more than 4,500 new books a year, has a presence in over fifty countries, and employs some 3,700 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and journals.  Read more about OUP at http://www.oup.com/about/

Oxford Journals [http://www.oxfordjournals.org/], a Division of OUP, publishes nearly 200 journals covering a broad range of subject areas, from the humanities and social sciences, to the sciences, and medicine. Two-thirds of Oxford Journals titles are published in collaboration with learned societies and other international organizations. It reaches customers from over 190 countries worldwide, with offices based in the UK, USA, China, Japan, and India. The collection contains some of the world's most prestigious titles, including Nucleic Acids Research, JNCI (Journal of the National Cancer Institute), Brain, Human Reproduction, English Historical Review, and the Review of Financial Studies. Read more about Oxford Journals at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/about_us.html

Celebrating 100 years of Journals publishing 1906-2007
visit the Oxford Journals centenary collection online at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/news/centenary

Kate Stringer | Assistant Communications Manager
Oxford Journals | Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street | Oxford | OX2 6DP

+44 (0)1865 354585

Read the latest news on oxford journals
www.oxfordjournals.org/news