Dear GEM list
I would appreciate some advise as to producing contracts and best
practice for workshop leaders. I work at Guildford House Gallery, a
local authority run art gallery. We starting to organise a number of
workshops for adults, families and children and it has become apparent
that we will need to draw up contracts so that workshop leaders (who are
mostly artists but some are teachers) are absolutely clear what is
expected of them and to ensure that we don't forget to tell them
anything!
*	Can anyone advise on where I could get any sample contracts
suitable for this purpose?
*	Does anyone have any sort of checklist of what should be
included eg CRB checks for those working with children etc?
*	Also I would like some advice on what is deemed as good practice
if you have to cancel a workshop either due to the artist cancelling eg
sickness or the museum (eg lack of people signing up) - do museums pay
the artist a certain percentage; do museums rearrange the workshop etc?
I want to be seen to be fair to the artists as they may have already
spent money and definitely time preparing for the workshop.
Many thanks.
Tracey Mardles (Ms)
Audience Development Officer
Guildford House Gallery
01483 458563/444742
www.guildfordhouse.co.uk

The views expressed in this email may not be Guildford Borough Council's official policy but the personal views of the originator.
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be intended for the exclusive use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, use of this information (including disclosure, copying or distribution) may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and contact the originator as soon as possible or contact: [log in to unmask]
All emails and attachments sent and received by Guildford Borough Council employees are scanned and stored by the Cryoserver forensic compliance system and are subject to automatic and other monitoring to prevent any use of the Council's networks conflicting with Guildford Borough Council's Acceptable Use Policy. Further information about the Cryoserver forensic compliance system can be found at www.cryoserver.co.uk.
Guildford Borough Council regularly updates virus software to ensure as far as possible that its networks are free of viruses. However, you will need to check this message and any attachments for viruses as Guildford Borough Council can take no responsibility for any computer virus that might be transferred by this email.
Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB.