Thank you, Tim.
I let it run longer and it completed this time and I got the desired output.
I must have been impatient and cancelled it too early before!

I doubled the speed by running it on my two processors. I think I'm going to
try to parallelize to other computers as well.

I have still only successfully run it on the subj1 sample data. For my data,
it does not create datastart and dataend, retstart and retend for my first
and last slices. I will try running it on some of my other data and see what
happens.

Thanks again,
Marc

On 6/9/07, Tim Behrens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Marc,
> This is exactly what a single slice output should look like. When all the
> slices are finished they are merged together into  files called merged_...
>

> You are looking for a directory that doesn't look like this!

> On 9 Jun 2007, at 00:21, Marc Dubin wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> In follow up to my previous email, I also wanted to let you know that the
> bedpost output is very different than the output for the sample data (
> subj1.bedpost).
>

> For example, for the data_slice_0010 directory, I get:
>

>    975111 Jun  6 01:45 S0_samples.nii.gz
>    971621 Jun  6 01:45 d_samples.nii.gz
>          183 Jun  6 01:45 dataend
>          183 Jun  6 01:45 datastart
> 1010243 Jun  6 01:45 f_samples.nii.gz
>       627 Jun  8 19:16 fdt.log
>        429 Jun  6 01:36 logfile
>     995138 Jun  6 01:45 ph_samples.nii.gz
>        318 Jun  6 01:45 retend
>        318 Jun  6 01:45 retstart
>     991613 Jun  6 01:45 th_samples.nii.gz
>
> I don't get any mean_*, merged_* or nodif_* files.
>

> Best,
> Marc
>

> nifti_image_read(/Users/marcDocuments/Dir.bedpost/
> diff_slices/data_slice_0010/
> On 6/7/07, Tim Behrens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi - the syntax error always occurs (see previous postings here). The
> > debugging-style logging also always occurs - it is fine, except for taking
> > up disk space etc. Both of these "features" are cleaned up for the next
> > release.

> > On 7 Jun 2007, at 14:43, Marc Dubin wrote:
> >
> > Tim,
> >
> > Thank you for your help. I will start by trying to find the slice that's
> > causing problems. However, I think I may be doing something wrong in bedpost
> > in general because when I try to run it on the sample data in fdt_subj1, the
> > program ends with a syntax error (293). I have just made a more detailed
> > posting about his. I understand that you are busy and will patiently await
> > your reply whenever you have time. In the meantime, if I solve my own
> > problem I will be sure to let the group know.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Marc
> >
> > On 6/7/07, Tim Behrens < [log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > >
> > > It sounds like a single slice has crashed and not finished.
> > >
> > > Could you look in the slice directories to see which one has crashed
> > > (the outputs will not be in the directory), and see if there is
> > > anything different about the data from that slice. if not, can you
> > > send us that slice (data_slice_blah and nodif_brain_mask_slice...)
> > > and the bvecs and bvals by uploading them to
> > > http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/upload.cgi
> > > and telling us the number.
> > >
> > > I will take a look as soon as I can, but I'm afraid I am flying to
> > > HBM very soon, so I cannot guarantee to do it before getting back.

> > > finish

> > --
> > 646 831 8886
> >

> --
> [...]