Hi Rafe, quite the opposite,

The comments are specifically about Popperian "standard empricism" as
used in Nick's "philosophy of science" argument. That's the only
"Popperian line" I am referring to here.

I too find plenty of very good stuff in Popper's wider / later
philiosphy ... as I said I find myself wanting to remind Nick of that,
but it doesn't invalidate Nick's central point about the "neurosis".
Does it ?

Ian