Sixth International Conference on

 Case histories in Geotechnical Engineering and

 SYMPOSIUM IN HONOR OF PROFESSOR JAMES K. MITCHELL

Arlington, VA – August 11-16, 2008

http://www.6icchge2008.org

June 25, 2007

INVITATION FOR PAPERS FOR THEME 11

1.  You are kindly invited to contribute to the Session 11.

LAST DATE TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS IS JULY 15, 2007.  The deadline for submission of papers is November 1, 2007.

11a. Application of Case Histories in Education;

How Case Histories have been incorporated in coursework; How to Conduct Search for Case Histories, and what are the Major Sources, Examples of Specific use/s: Importance of Teaching Case Histories; From Case Histories to Conceptual Models; Importance of Practical Experience of Professors, Use of Case Histories in Teaching Process, Is it possible to Involve Students in Case Histories (i.e. in Engineering Practice)?

11b. Application of Case Histories to Practice;

Use of Case Histories to Enhance Practical Geotechnical Engineering; Practice in Different Offices to Achieve this Objective with Examples; Importance of Lifelong Learning; Use of Case Histories in Life Long Learning; Establishing an International data base for Case Histories."

2.  We are offering proceedings of our previous geotechnical conferences on deep discount to clear out our inventory.  Please visit the conference website to download an order form.  The table of contents of the available proceedings is also listed there.  Please visit the website for latest updates, also.

Shamsher Prakash, Conference Chair

[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Effective Jan. 1, 2008, UMR becomes Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T)