Hi - we are currently advertising for applicants for four posts - one in human geography, two in urban & regional planning, and one in sustainable communities.  Full details of all of these will soon be available on: www.shu.ac.uk/jobs   The closing date for applications is 21 June 2007.
I have included the advert for the human geography post below - and it is worth emphasising that, although two areas of expertise are specifically mentioned in the advert, as this is an additional post we are willing to appoint in any area of the discipline.

Urban & Regional Studies
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Human Geography
Permanent - Full Time - Salary £25,889 to £39,160
Vacancy Reference Number DS5171/06
We intend to appoint an additional member of staff to expand our exceptional multi-disciplinary, inter-professional team of 40 academic staff engaged in education, consultancy and research in environmental studies, human geography, planning & regeneration and related areas.
The Urban and Regional Studies subject group provides highly rated undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Human Geography, Planning & Regeneration, Environment, and Housing Studies. Together with staff in our associated research centres the group was rated Grade 4 in the last RAE.
Applicants should possess a good background in human geography, and should have, or be near to completing, a PhD or equivalent. Applicants with expertise in any area of human geography will be considered but we may give preference to those with expertise in Development Studies, or Geographies of Children and Young People. Previous experience of teaching would be advantageous but is not essential for this post as the necessary training can be provided. Job share applicants welcome.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Alan Patterson   tel: 0114 225 4927   email: [log in to unmask]