Stuart - not quite a policy but we've just published a guidance document
on procureing accessible software for the Schools secdtor and are
shortly undertaking a post 16 guide. There is also a sister guide for
the industry sector.

You can find the guides by visiting www.becta.org.uk/publications and
searching for:
Making software accessible, a guide for schools,
Making accessible software, a guide for developers and providers.

Both guides are accompanied by a number of supplementary online
resources including guides to legislation and technical standards etc
which can be found at
www.Becta.org.uk/Schools/inclusion (click on accessibility and access to
learning)
And
www.Becta.org.uk/industry/content/accessibility

I'd be interest to know if you find these useful and/or to talk to you
about them and the information they contain - or to anyone else trying
to use them for that matter.

My contact details are as below.

Best wishes

Adrian Higginbotham

Accessibility content manager

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ