From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alice Kemble-Davies
Sent: 12 June 2007 14:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recruitment of Support Workers

Like many institutions, we employ note takers to support disabled students in lectures.  Although we have been very lucky in the past to have had a very good pool of note takers, we do have trouble when it comes to finding sufficient people who are interested in this kind of work.  Unfortunately people seem to be put off by the fact that the work is semester time only and the number of hours can vary depending on the needs of the students.   Consequently, we are regularly seeking new support workers to add to our existing pool.

The reason for the email is to see if anyone has experienced the same sort of issues and found ways to overcome this, and perhaps has other recruiting tips to offer.

All suggestions welcome!  Many thanks,

Alice

Alice Kemble-Davies

Disability Coordinator

Worcester University

Tel:  01905 85 5413

Fax: 01905 85 5530

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee.  This communication may contain material protected by law from being passed on.   If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, you are advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this email in error please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of it.

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.